Mold issues can cause very severe complications for property owners. It can cause many unseen health concerns for babies and seniors. If you are exposure for an extended period of time to toxic mold, it can cause many different health issues for people including fatigue, headaches, dizziness and respiratory problems. If your home or business has a large quantity of mold, you should ponder hiring a professional mold cleanup company to come and immediately assist you with the mold problem in your property.
Professional cleanup companies are able to quickly come to your home or business and take stock of the degree of the mold problem. They will calculate and show to you the degree of the problem you are faced with. They will be able to focus all of the existing problems related to mold in your building into a workable solution. They will also provide laboratory tests to figure out precisely the amount and type of mold that is present on your property.
Stop The Mold
It is so important for the integrity of the property to stop mold contamination immediately and at its source. The method by which this is accomplished is by isolating and segregating the mold contamination and not allowing the spores to spread throughout the property airborne. Once the mold is isolated, they will be able to reduce its potential to do damage so that it cannot spread to clean areas of your property.
Health Risks With Mold Exposure
The issue with mold spores is that spores can stimulate many disturbing problems for home or business owners. It can potentially ruin many things in your property including clothes, furniture and paint. Nothing is safe from contamination in your home or office if mold is present. It will be in the air you breathe everyday if not properly taken care of. Mole produces spores, which are microscopic cells, which spread rapidly through the air and water in your building.
Symptoms Related To Mold- Allergic reactions, asthma attacks, susceptibility to colds and flus, and sinus infections
At Risk Individuals- Infants, children, immune-compromised patients, pregnant women, people with respiratory problems, people with allergies, and the elderly.
Symptoms From Exposure To Toxic Mold - Nasal congestion, eye irritation, sinus inflammation, skin irritation, breathlessness, headache, runny nose, fatigue, cough, sore throat, and hoarseness.
More Serious Symptoms- Ear inflammation, bleeding lungs, nose bleeds, memory loss, and pain and swelling in the joints.
The Process Of Mold Removal
Water Removal- For a property with mold to be properly cleaned, water moisture has to be removed completely from an area that has a mold issue so that the mold will not be able to continue to expand. The humidity in the property must also be cautiously regulated. A dehumidifier should be measured if there is too much humidity in an area, especially if the humidity is at 55% or above. If the property has sustained any amount of bad flooding or a water leak it is essential that all of the water is pumped out as soon as possible. All wet things must then be moved out of the area before they begin to smell and contaminate the property. The quicker these issues are taken care of the less damage there will hopefully be.
Removal Of Dust Particles- One of the key travel moods that mold uses is dust. It is imperative to eliminate dust and contain the area where it was removed from. Each room should be cleaned separately. During this cleaning the areas should be sealed off from the rest of the property. Then, an exhaust fan is situated close to an open door or window that is open to the outside air. This will help to create a negative air pressure which will cause the air in the room to drift outside. This will ensure that any lasting mold particles that were released during the cleaning process will not remain in the property. It is critical to turn the HVAC system off before cleaning mold.
Cleanup- Before you begin to think about hiring a company to have an area professionally cleaned it will be moistened with water. If the mold has been there for an extended period of time it will be too dry to properly clean without the assistance of water. After this crucial step is taken, the contaminated area will be sterilized and as much of the mold will be extracted as possible. All of the surrounding areas will also be cleaned. Even if mold is not visible, there could still be spots where spores are lingering. Once the area has been disinfected and cleaned, it will then be completely dried.
Proper Disposal Of Mold- Once all of the areas with mold and mold-infested materials have been removed and collected it will be stored together inside of a plastic receptacle. After this they will be gotten rid of out of a window or other way where it can be thrown outside of the building in question. It would be a very bad idea to move these materials back through the property as they might bust open and contaminate into other areas of your home or office space. The materials will then be cautiously discarded so that they do not spread anywhere else in the building. To permanently get rid of the mold you must take it to a landfill site.